After 45+ years wearing a tie and jacket I am enjoying time off but seeking a work-from-home position in Purchasing, Collections or service related.
A respected leader experienced working with adverse cross-functional teams. My core skills are purchasing, cost analysis and project management.
Apartment Services, Inc., Baltimore, MD 2000 – 2019, 19 yrs.
IT Project Manager
- Competitively bid all computer hardware and services for data expansion and disaster recovery projects.
- Define scope of work, schedule and manage all IT outsourcing for home office and 30+ remote leasing centers.
- Sourced a new software platform for the collection department. Personally inspired and trained collection agents on new procedures, and immediately gained 40% increase in monthly revenue. In fact, it was so successful after one year they closed the collection department; with no more backlog of cases, one person can now manage all collection duties instead of three.
Contract Work, Greater Baltimore, MD 1998 – 1999, 2 yrs.
- Middle River Aircraft: Middle River, MD. Follow-up with government contract parts providers to document Y2K crises compliance.
- DuPont: Columbia, MD. Managed a team of 15-20 technicians and inventoried 100’s of 1,000′s of electronic Telecom parts, throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region, for a major telecom provider.
- Tek-Systems: Baltimore, MD. After being assigned to a stalled computer inventory and re-deployment project, for a large, local, multi-state bank, my natural leadership qualities were validated by successfully kick-starting and bringing the project to completion.
- Applied Information Technologies, Inc.: Columbia, MD Worked seamlessly with sales staff, customers and software developers to deliver state of the art Internet database and e-commerce websites.
Trema North America, Inc., Randallstown, MD 1988 – 1998, 10 yrs.
- Prepare and send bid packages, negotiate price and delivery terms, and issue purchase orders for heavy industrial equipment and steel fabrication.
- International liaison ensuring clear communication between US suppliers, banks and the overseas engineering team.
- Coordinated timely import and export of equipment. For example, successfully orchestrated the delivery an oversized trailer load of custom fabricated steel, from Canada, through the US, finally arriving, safely, in Mexico.
Bayliss Industries, Inc., Flemington, NJ 1978 – 1988, 10 yrs.
- Competitively bid industrial chemical processing equipment from engineered specifications. Negotiated price & delivery on all items.
- Performed test runs of scaled down models of chemical processing equipment, in the company pilot plant in proof of concept design scenarios.
- Pioneered the use of an electronic spreadsheet to track job costs, manage deliverables and make accurate income and expense forecasts.
− 2000 Networking Boot Camp (SANS)
− 1999 MCSE +Internet
− 1980 American Management Association, Management Information Systems
- Training in AutoCAD, Catonsville Community College, 1989
- Coursework in Accounting & Economics, Raritan Valley College, 1985
- Coursework in General Studies, Keystone College, 1979
− President, Gettysburg Addressers Toastmasters Club (2014-2016)
− Updated skills informed on evolving technologies.
− Demonstrated ethical behavior and adherence to a firm code of personal and business conduct.